Mar 5, 2011

Give an Ordinary Piece that Vintage Chic Appeal!

I have a true passion for finding ordinary pieces and "reinventing" them.

It starts with the "find", whether it be an antique frame, an old arch window, a bench, an old cupboard, a chair, an old farm table, a mirror, an antique barrel, an old jewelry box... I could go on. I love to go through old "junk antique" stores and browse for the perfect item for a project. It has to have the right look, be made of the right materials, be in relatively good condition(meaning if it is worn or broken, it can be fixed) and have something about it that makes it stand out... something unique.

One of my favorite ways to transform a piece from ordinary to extraordinary is by using resin appliqués(also called furniture appliqués or resin/furniture onlays). These appliqués are affordable and easy to use. You simply find the appliqués that work for your piece and glue them on. They can be painted or stained and once this is done the appliqués actually look like they have always been a part of the piece they are applied to.

Below are some examples of different ways these can be used.









There are different designs and sizes of these appliqués to choose from, and finding a place to purchase them can be challenging.

Over the past 4 or 5 months I have been learning how to make molds so that I can make these appliqués myself since I use them so much.

I am now able to make a great selection of different appliqués in different sizes and styles that can be used to transform a "plain Jane" piece into a gorgeous vintage chic piece with lots of charm and elegance to add  to any decor.

Below are just a few of the appliqués that I can now make.


I will be selling these in my shop - Lula Belle. I am in the process of listing them right now and they should be on the site within a week.

Please stop by Lula Belle and check out all of my items. Follow my blog - www.lulabelle-kate.blogspot.com - for more on my latest projects.

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave comments or questions!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, comments, suggestions here!
Thank you,
Kate

There was an error in this gadget