Feb 9, 2011

Take Something Ordinary and Make it Extraordinary!

I wanted to show you my latest project that I have listed in my shop - Lula Belle. I found these mirrored sconces at an antique store in the mountains. When I am on the search for items I rarely find something that I would sell as is. Most things I find are pieces that have the potential to be something fabulous and my passion is to make that happen - to take something ordinary and make it into something extraordinary.

Here are the sconces in their original condition.



I painted them carefully being sure to not to paint too thick which would mess with the gorgeous detail.



Next I sanded them so that the gold paint underneath would show through in places where a piece would naturally get worn with age.


And lastly I added an antique glaze for that vintage chic charm that is so gorgeous and elegant.



The pair are for sale in my shop - Lula Belle - Vintage Pair of Mirrored Sconces. Check them out! Also check out my other items while you are there.

Thanks for visiting and come back for more...
                                                                                 Kate

1 comment:

  1. Smart way of observing things - I am a little more of a monochrome guy,
    myself
    Feel free to surf my homepage ; earrings

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, comments, suggestions here!
Thank you,
Kate

There was an error in this gadget