Nov 8, 2010

Reinventing an Old Tea Cart: Part 5 - The Finished Piece!

The Tea Cart is done!

Since my last post I took all of the hardware out of the baggie I was keeping it in. First I took some pictures of the hardware before I cleaned it up so you could see the condition it was in.

Here is a picture of the dropleaf mechanism, one of the back wheels, and one of the drop leaf hinges. As you can see they were extremely rusty and needed some work.


I used naval jelly, steel wool, soap and a toothbrush to get the pieces in shape. I didn't want to take all of the patina off so I just cleaned the rust off of them and made sure they were in good working condition.


Now for the cart! I put an antique glaze over the entire cart to give it a great antiqued look. I made sure to put just enough on and in the right places (I am very particular about this part - you can easily overdo it).

After it dried for a day I put it all back together and it looks beautiful! I have added the photos from before I started so you can see the before and after photos.






Here is the finished Tea Cart...







Now that the piece is done, I will be adding it to my items in my shop - Lula Belle - www.etsy.com/shop/LulaBelle143

This week I will be posting about some old barn wood that I bought and what projects I have in store for it!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and come back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, comments, suggestions here!
Thank you,
Kate

There was an error in this gadget