Oct 30, 2010

Reinventing an Old Tea Cart - Part 4

Hello!


Sorry I took so long... kids schedules are keeping me very busy - I know a lot of you know what I'm talking about:-)


First I just have to show you a beautiful picture of my cat, BoBo (his full name is Beauregard Bobcat Boyd from Watauga County). I am in love with this guy, and he even has red hair (which I love). Isn't he handsome?




I am very excited! I have gotten the top coat of paint on the tea cart and it looks gorgeous! (I love this part!)




The paint went on very well and it took 2 coats.




I love the color. It is a creme - toward the white side. Very chic!



Next I lightly sanded the whole cart so that the base coat of paint would show through where I applied candle wax.  The candle wax makes the paint come off very easily so it takes only a light sanding.




The sanding also smoothes out all of the surfaces which I like.




Now all I have to do is put a coat of antique glaze on it and then clean the hardware and put it all back together. I will send pictures of the finished tea cart in the last post on this cart.


Thanks so much for visitng and keep coming back for more fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, comments, suggestions here!
Thank you,
Kate

There was an error in this gadget