Oct 21, 2010

Reinventing and Old Tea Cart - Part 2

I have decided to paint the tea cart after looking through magazines and online at other furniture finishing examples.


I found a number of carts that were refinished to their traditional wood color.



I found a few that were painted. My favorite that I found was at Bella Cottage. This online store carries Shabby Chic furniture pieces including vintage dressers, nightstands, settees and more. They have beautiful things. The website has 2 pages of "Shabby Tea Carts" that are all different, but have all been painted a shabby white. Of the 12 listed, 10 have sold.



I like the painted look of these carts at Bella Cottage, but I want to do something that isn't quite so white, and something more vintage or distressed looking.


I am going to start by adding a few resin appliques - not too many - I don't want to get too "froo froo". I get my appliques from Do It Yourself Chic. I find these to be great quality, well priced and they are always nicely packaged with a sweet note from the owner.  



Then I will paint the entire cart with a base coat of paint that is a darker taupey grey.






This is as far as I have gotten on the tea cart.


I will be back with Part 3 when I get the next part of this process done. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!


Thanks for visiting and if you haven't done so already - check out my shop on Etsy - Lula Belle.


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, comments, suggestions here!
Thank you,
Kate

There was an error in this gadget